Chapter 13 Reorganization
In a Chapter 13 bankruptcy, you come up with a payment plan of 3-5 years that pays back part or all of your debts. Upon completion of your payments, you will receive a discharge of any remaining debt.
How to get started:
- On the phone or in person. Call us today to schedule a free consultation. It cost you nothing and in a single conversation we can go over your situation and give you all your options.
- If you decide to file, you will need to complete a New Client Interview either in the office or online
What you’ll need
- Pay stubs or proof of income
- Most Recent Tax Return
- List of Debts, Assets & Expenses
You will need to do a required computer-based credit counseling course. It will need completed before your case can be filed. You can do it in the office with us or at home on your computer at: www.ccadvising.com
Flow of the typical case:
- Free consultation – Initial discussion with a lawyer to determine your options.
- Client interview and document gathering – Complete your client interview with a lawyer and gather all the necessary documents. Can be combined with free consultation.
- Credit Counseling course – Needs to be done before you file.
- Petition preparation and Chapter 13 Plan – We prepare your petition.
- Petition and Plan signing – We schedule a time to come in and sign all your paperwork.
- File your case!
- 341 Meeting of the Creditors – The one required appearance for your case. Creditor usually DO NOT show up, but you have to appear before the trustee and answer a few required questions.
- Confirmation of your Chapter 13 Plan – The court approves your proposed plan
- Repayment Period – You make the payments as required by your Chapter 13 Plan
- Financial Management course – Before your case completes, you will need to complete a 2nd course.
- Discharge – Your remaining debts are discharged!
- Case closed – You’re finished!