- Wipe out your debts
Chapter 7 Fresh Start
Chapter 7 bankruptcy can be filed from home with zero down. It is intended to provide relief for people who have a lot of debt and insufficient income or assets to repay. Unlike Chapter 13 bankruptcy, Chapter 7 bankruptcy isn’t designed to help debtors catch up on past-due accounts or pay back some of their debts—it’s meant to wipe the slate clean and give you a fresh start.
Nearly everyone filing will need to do a required computer-based credit counseling course. It will need completed before your case can be filed. You can do it in the office with us or at home on your computer at: www.ccadvising.com
Flow of the typical case
- Free consultation – Initial discussion with a lawyer to determine your options.
- Client interview and document gathering – Complete your client interview with a lawyer and gather all the necessary documents. Can be combined with free consultation.
- Credit Counseling course – Needs to be done before you file.
- Petition preparation – We prepare your petition.
- Petition signing – We schedule a time to come in and sign all your paperwork.
- File your case!
- 341 Meeting of the Creditors – The one required appearance for your case. Creditors usually DO NOT show up, but you have to appear before the trustee and answer a few required questions.
- Financial Management course – After you 341 meeting you will have approximately 45 days to complete a 2nd course prior to the completion of your case.
- Discharge – Your debts are discharged!
- Case closed – You’re finished!